The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nice!

Okay, I realize this is petty, but this made me very happy. Have you ever wondered what Bruce Timm, the producer of "Batman the Animated Series" and the rest of the DC Animated Universe thought of the 1994 "Spider-Man" cartoon on Fox Kids?

"I watched the pilot, the one with the Lizard. I thought that the pilot was really good, and by [the next episode] the quality had just plummeted. I didn't watch it every week, but they sent me these Academy screeners for the Emmys — They sent me a Spider-Man episode from, I think, the 2nd season, and I thought, 'Well, I haven't seen it in a long time, so I'll pop it in and see what they're up to.' And it was god-awful. 'This is the one that they're sending out for Emmy considerations?'"


Petty, yeah. But that quote gave me such a happy.

3 comments:

  1. I'd bet good money they sent him one of the Morbius eps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think (perceived) rivalry between TAS and Spectacular Spider-Man fans is greatly overestimated. Keep it real here. Spider-Man has been in cartoon form since the 1960s. He's almost always on television. People seem to focus, laser focus, on comparing 1994 TAS with Spectacular Spider-Man. I mean, there was the short-lived Spider-Man Unlimited in 1999 and 2003 MTV CGI. There was a 60s cartoon and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and then was another 80s cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh petty, but I admit I liked watching Benet the Sage bash Akira after all the praise I heard that movie got, so you're not the only one has goes through this.

    ReplyDelete