The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Okay, this is retarded.

I am no fan of Superman. Never really have been. I am no fan of Venom either. So, what happens when the two meet? I think we can all agree that it's not this:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am sorry, but this here sums up why crossovers of this nature do not appeal to me. You see, Venom was at the height of his popularity during this period. So, they decided to let him actually beat up Superman in one of their asinine cross-company crossovers. I don't mean to get fanboy here, but there is no way in hell this encounter would ever go down like this.

This is what happens when a character's popularity trumps all logic.

1 comment:

  1. You know what's really dumb about this? Venom is vulnerable to extreme heat and he's fighting a guy who shoot extreme heat out of his freaking eyeballs! It's like watching Dracula bitch-slap Corpus, the Living Crucifix*.

    Btw Greg, you ever read the JLA/Avengers crossover by Kurt Busiek and George Perez? It's a really great meta-textual commentary on thematic differences between the two universes, think "Turtles Forever".



    *Corpus, The Living Crucifix is property of me.

    ReplyDelete