The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Razzies are in...

Worst picture: "The Last Airbender"

Worst actor: Ashton Kutcher ("Killers" and "Valentine's Day")

Worst actress: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, KristinDavis and Cynthia Nixon ("Sex and the City 2")

Worst supporting actress: Jessica Alba ("The Killer Inside Me," "Little Fockers," "Machete" and "Valentine's Day")

Worst supporting actor: Jackson Rathbone ("The Last Airbender" and "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse")

Worst eye-gouging misuse of 3-D: "The Last Airbender"

Worse screen couple/worst screen ensemble: The entire cast of "Sex and the City 2"

Worst director: M. Night Shyamalan ("The Last Airbender")

Worst screenplay: "The Last Airbender"

Worst prequel, remake, rip-off or sequel: "Sex and the City 2"


http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/27/us-razzies-idUSTRE71Q0HV20110227


Well, all I have to say to this is...

OHTHANKGOD!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as "The Last Airbender" came out, after I finally sat through that turd, I had a bet going with a certain... individual... who enjoyed the movie. I bet him in July that "The Last Airbender" would "win" the Razzie, and if it didn't, I would take my copy of the "Casablanca" Blu-ray set, and burn it. Over the last week, I'll admit, I was getting a little nervous. But, my set is safe, and the worst movie won. So, I am pleased by this.

I bet, right now, as we speak, M. Night Shyamalan is writing another screenplay where he will cast himself as a misunderstood genius who will save all of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment