The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Atlas Shrugged the Movie

So, Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" is being adapted into a movie.

That article amuses me.

In "Atlas Shrugged," the first sexual encounter that the "ideal" woman Dagny Taggart has with the "flawed but heroic" Hank Rearden is described in the following terms: "It was like an act of hatred, like the cutting blow of a lash encircling her body: she felt his arms around her, she felt her legs pulled forward against him and her chest bent back under the pressure of his, his mouth on hers"

And let us not forget our hero in "The Fountain Head" who raped Dominique. Oh wait, I forgot, Dominique "wanted it."

I could say more, but I will let Officer Barbrady sum it all up for me.

3 comments:

  1. Atlas Shrugged . . . Part 1???

    Oh dear >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I doubt "Part 2" will ever see the light of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I be glad that I never got to read Ayn Rand back in high school?

    ReplyDelete