The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Grammys.

I rarely ever pay attention to the Grammys. I think of them as an exercise in bullshit, and a display for how low our pop culture continues to sink year after year after year.

You know how people complain about the Oscars always going to really obscure, arty movies? Well, the Grammys are the exact opposite, they always go to big giant radio acts. They usually reward the stupidest things ever. The Grammys usually tend to highlight why I don't listen to much modern music, 99% of it is audio cancer. We live in an era where the most popular music is horrible enough to make me want to fall into a bucket of AIDS and crack my head open.

First of all, Justin Bieber had no business even being in the room, let alone nominated. What an obnoxious, untalented little snot.

"I feel like the Kurt Cobain of my generation, but people just don't understand me."
- Justin Bieber


Well, you little snot, why don't you do your generation and everyone else's a favor and take yourself out early the same way he did.

Do you know what the best part of the Grammys was? Mick Jagger. There he is, seventy years old, and he was terrific. He was talented, he was elegant, he was still every bit the showman he ever was. And all those so called "young talent" sitting in the room, they will never be like him. They will never even be in the same league as him. They are not fit to shine his shoes. And while I enjoy Arcade Fire, no, they're not Jagger either. Nor will they ever be him.

Really enjoyed Bob Dylan also. That man, like Jagger, is still every bit as talented as he ever was.

I look at this, and I ask, where did all the great musicians go? Where are all our Deep Purples, and our Beatles, our Rolling Stones, Creams, Led Zeppelins, Pink Floyds, The Doors, Jefferson's Airplanes, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, Eric Clapton?

Nope, all we have now is crap like Nickelback, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, and Justin Bieber.

No comments:

Post a Comment