The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Do I Go See it?

So, I have a bit of a dilemma here. I like to critique movies. Good, bad, and ugly. So, do I go and see "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" or not?

Usually, with bad movies like this, when critics correctly massacre them, some idiot fanbots accuse said critics of going in with an agenda. I tend to like to give critics the benefit of the doubt, and assume they don't do that. But, I usually agree with critics anyway. However, if I go and see Michael Bay's latest crapfestic spectacle, I will admit this: I am doing so with an agenda.

Cons: I reveal myself to be a biased critic with an agenda; I put more money in Michael Bay's pocket.

Pro: I end up entertaining some of you; I piss off a lot of fanbots.

But the larger question is this? Can I really do it for a third time. Is it worth enduring two and a half hours of Michael Bay's schlock again? Do I suffer just so I can trash it?

Do I?

Should I?

Let me know what you think I should do.

2 comments:

  1. If you feel you HAVE TO SEE IT. Sneak in, don't give him ANY of your money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go at the cheapest possible time. The thing is not giving money to HIM of all people, but he is taking money from you that you could use elsewhere for much better things.

    You know you want to go see it. It's like a train wreck where you're just too curious to not look. Just don't let him take too much money from you.

    I'm going to see it tomorrow for half price so that's something. Still don't think that's worth it but my morbid curiosity is wondering if this'll be worse than Revenge of the Fallen.

    Speaking of that, Greg, have you seen Film Brain's Bad Movie Beatdown of that piece of shit? If not check it out here it's pretty funny: http://blip.tv/film-brain/bad-movie-beatdown-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-part-one-5271738

    ReplyDelete