The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Most Horrible TV Show Ever...



I realize that I am years behind on this, but to hell with it. I talk about cancelled television shows here all the time. So I don't feel I am out of line to bring up the single most disgusting show ever put on television. I am, of course, talking about "My Super Sweet 16."

"My Super Sweet 16" was a reality show on MTV about rich, spoiled bitches who have their opulent sweet sixteen parties filmed and shown on TV. And each and every single girl who has ever been on one of these things is completely evil. I'm talking Hitler levels of evil.



Charlie, you said it best. This may as well be an al Qaeda recruitment video. I look at this and even I say "this is why the terrorists hate us. This right here." We are a culture that produces and then reveres this kind of behavior. Hell, I'm a patriotic, Jewish American, and this almost makes me want to join al Qaeda.

Now, I am not a censorship guy, at all. I'm not saying no one should be allowed to watch this, nor am I saying that MTV should be fined or punished for producing this trash. I am exercising my rights to call it the most disgusting filth to ever air, and that I think everyone involved is a waste of oxygen who the human race could do without.

"South Park" did a brilliant satire of this series, which you can see in the episode "Hell On Earth"

"In trying to have a party like those snot nose brats on Super Sweet 16, I became like them"
"Oh come on Satan, you're not that bad."

Amen, amen.

And to anyone who was featured on that show, or thinks that behavior is commendable, or even excusable:

1 comment:

  1. Great post.

    I want to wholeheartedly agree with you that this show is vile filth.
    The subjects featured on M.S.S.16 have about as much value to contribute to the world as a bowl of cold turds.

    Charlie's Brooker's commentary about the show can be viewed here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MjoB3vgv8&feature=player_embedded#at=27

    ReplyDelete