The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Amanda Connor

Dear Amanda Connor,

You are a terrific artist. You have done a lot of great work. I hope you do not mind if I briefly roast you with an old shame.

This is a panel from Marvel Comics' "Gargoyles" #9.


"Fee fi fo fum, I think Goliath's so gonna be bummed!"

That is the top of the Empire State Building. Let's take a look at this art from King Kong.



And now, let's look at a real life photo.



There is only one logical conclusion. Demona has super growth powers, and Weisman has been holding this information out on us. I mean, wow, that antenna is 203' tall!

In all seriousness, this was her early work and she's done some great work since then, but I thought I'd poke some good natured fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment