The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Re-Evaluating Cap



So, I saw "Captain America" again this afternoon. While all my complaints about the movie still stand, it was much more enjoyable this time around. I will freely admit to being human, and as capable of making a mistake as much as anyone. The audience I saw it with the first time really killed the movie for me.

For example, I remember commenting that the old woman not knowing how to use a gun standing guard at the antique shop was stupid. Well, I was wrong, she got shot first, hence why she couldn't fire the gun. I missed that last time because the obnoxious audience distracted me.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the movie needed work and the script was rushed. I still think Red Skull should have been more imposing and Bucky died way too soon. But, it was much more enjoyable and I'm raising the C+ grade to a solid B.

No comments:

Post a Comment