The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Handful of Thorns



What follows is most likely the nerdiest thing I've ever been involved with, and one of the most awesome. A Radio Play crossover between "Gargoyles" and "The Spectacular Spider-Man" written by Greg Weisman and starring many of the original voice actors, including Marina Sirtis, Keith David, Josh Keaton, Steve Blum, and Vanessa Marshall. Most of you reading this blog have probably seen this already, but I felt like reminiscing. It's been about two years since we did this Radio Play at the final Gathering of the Gargoyles, but it is still awesome. And it was definitely a highlight of that weekend.

I'm just going to embed the playlist here, so you should be able to watch it all here.



It brings back so many warm memories. The art piece at the top of the entry was just a little something I commissioned from Karine Charlebois. I think it came out beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough, I was actually rewatching this thing for about the fifth time last week, though I thank you greatly for including the casting video as well. I'd had a hard time tracking it down again, and the reaction of the room at-large when you are revealed to be playing yourself is pure gold. XD

    Still, even after this much time, the sheer amount of concentrated talent in that room continues to blow me the Hell away. To have been able to witness this thing firsthand - to even have PARTICIPATED in it - is an experience that I find myself unable to fathom.

    The sad thing, of course, being that I actually WAS in L.A. at precisely the time the play was going on...but on my way to my college orientation. If that had been just one week earlier, or Gathering '09 just one week later...but alas, it does no good to dwell on hypotheticals. Maybe someday...

    Still, my utmost gratitude and congratulations go out to all who helped to make this fantastic project a reality. Even through the prism of YouTube, the breadth and presence commanded by these veteran actors and the potential exhibited by many of the amateurs shines through magnificently. And the script...well, considering that Greg W. wrote the whole thing in a frantic, sleep-deprived haze, its unending quality and sheer FUN just go to demonstrate how unbelievably talented this guy is at his craft.

    Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete