The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

'Once Upon a Time...'



Weeks behind, but getting caught up on "Dexter." Finally.

I don't have too much to say about this one, we're still in the beginning of the season and everything is still set up.

I know longer believe that Professor Gellar (Edward James Olmos) is a figment of Travis' imagination, like Harry is now for Dexter. I thought that scene where he burned himself to insure Travis' obedience was chilling.

Brother Sam has the potential to be an interesting recurring character, juxtaposed with Geller and Travis. Turning to God reformed Sam from a life of crime, while Gellar and Travis murder in the name of God. We'll see what happens here, but I somehow doubt Dexter is going to find God and purge his own dark passenger.

But the real meat of this episode was Deb's promotion to lieutenant and how everyone around her reacted. Batista is outwardly supportive, but inside he's angry. Her relationship with Quinn was all but dead when she turned down his proposal, and this might be the killing blow. Dexter congratulated her, lamented that she might one day be leading the chase against him, but is happy Quinn is no longer with her.

I haven't seen the episodes that follow this one yet. Time to do just that. I feel like I half assed this review, but bear with me, and I'll be up to date soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment