The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Get Gellar



I've spent the last hour mulling over this one. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it. On the one hand, I called the twist with Gellar being dead way back in the first episode of the season. On the other hand, the season has been so thrilling that I do not mind too much. In fact, I might also compare it to the Green Goblin mystery in "The Spectacular Spider-Man." I pretty much called it and how it was done very early on, but that didn't make the story any less thrilling.

I'll also be honest, I don't think Gellar being dead is even going to be the big twist of the season. I think the creative team wanted us to pay attention to this to distract us from something else they're building up to. What could it possibly be? Who knows, but I suspect it's going to involve Debra. Hell, I am sure that this is the season Debra finds out the truth about Dexter. There has been a theme of brothers and sisters all season. Travis and Lisa Marshall, Angel and Jamie Batista, Dexter and Debra Morgan.

I don't think any of us were surprised that Matthews was the one who ordered the cover up of the dead hooker. While he didn't kill her, his career is on the line. Now the question is, will LaGuerta carry out his wishes or allow his career to end so she can take his position. Knowing LaGuerta, she will act in her own self interest, just as she always does.

And then there's the Louis subplot. Turns out he bought the Mannequin Arm piece from the Ice Truck Killer case for his "collection." Where this subplot is going, I am not sure about just yet.

Great episode, three more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment