The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sin of Omission



I've theorized about the nature of Professor Gellar all season. But now, if we must make bets, I am taking a stand. May I be proven right, may I be proven wrong, I feel like making my prediction official. Professor Gellar is not real.

If Gellar's cunning enough to elude Miami Metro for weeks, by being out in broad daylight several times even though his picture has been plastered all over the city (a city that is terrified by this guy mind you) and strong enough to knock out Travis, kill his sister and stage the whole "Whore of Babylon" tableau, then drag Travis back to the church and chain him up all by himself then why does he need Travis in the first place if he could do all that by himself? Why was Travis even hiding out back just to make sure his sister was safe. He could have just came to see her in class like he always does.

I think we are dealing with split personality. He blacked out as his Gellar personality took over and did all that artistic stuff and even going as far as chaining himself up in the church. Something traumatic happened to him when he was younger that made him hate women and Gellar brainwashed him or something when he was his student. Gellar is probably dead and buried somewhere on the church grounds. Dexter looking for something that was not there was all to surreal.

Remember all the womanizing that Gellar did when he taught at the university? I think this is what broke Travis' brain, so he killed Gellar and made up his own version of the Professor that became his Dark Passenger.

I have loved the direction that Debra has been taken this season. At the end of season five, I really thought she was about to find out what Dexter really is. She didn't, but the door was opened for that development. Now, eight episodes into season six, she may finally walk through that door. It's been a long time coming, and I want to see it happen.

LaGuerta continues to be the detestable character she's been since the first season. Now she's covering up a for a potential murderer. As for who killed that hooker, I'm leaning towards either Angel or Matthews. I don't think they'd go in that direction with Angel, and after what happened with Lila, I wouldn't want them to. So, I'm guessing it's Matthews.

Great episode, I've been enjoying the season, but I think the arc is really kicking into high gear now.

2 comments:

  1. By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't W. Morgan Sheppard just become the first person to guest star in both "Gargoyles" and "Dexter"?

    Spen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanne Beckford (Tea, Beth Maza) played a reporter in the 2nd episode of the first season of Dexter.

    ReplyDelete