The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oh, this is going to be the feel good movie of the year!



Hey, sometimes Darwin just needs a little help.

I remember once at the gas station, this d-bag pulls up in a convertible with the subwoofers set to afterburner, and just leaves it thumping full volume as he gets out to walk in and buy some smokes. I asked him politely if he could turn it down, he says "fark You", and goes on in.

I am standing there for what seems an eternity, with the gas pump nozzle in my hand and his car interior within easy reach. I imagined how I could get away with spraying the whole car or just locking the pump on and throwing the nozzle into the car and driving off. Of course, I knew I was on a TV camera, and I'm not a sociopath, so I didn't act on what was one of the strongest impulses in my life.

But I DId think about it.

I understand, deeply, this movie, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment