I'm still here. Just been both very busy and very burnt out. But here's what's been on my mind, as far as this blog goes.
1. I have one "Young Justice" episode to review and two "Korras" and "Avengers." I'll get to them soon, I think. Definitely before the weekend when the work load piles up on me. I'll probably review YJ first since I have to for Worlds Finest. The other two shows will likely have their episode reviews combined into one post per show.
2. I am dying to go see "The Avengers" again. I loved that movie, flat out loved it. Before today, I owned "Iron Man" and "Incredible Hulk" on Blu-ray. I bought "Thor" the other day, and I'll be buying "Iron Man 2" and "Captain America" on Blu-ray soon. I want to have the complete set. After I sit through "Avengers" for a second time, I'll dive into spoilers here. I have a lot to say about it. May 4th shall forever be known as "Avengers Day" and no longer be known as "Star Wars Day." I mean, I like the first two flicks, but they have never been anything special and certainly don't deserve to be icons of geekdom.
3. ASK GREG over at Station Eight has gotten a lot more draconian. I know Greg regrets it, and on a few levels I regret it too, but what's been going on there with a lot of "Young Justice" fans has been nothing short of ridiculous. The burning stench if entitlement reeked. People were being rude, nasty, or not displaying any kind of common sense. I just checked and there are over twelve hundred questions in the queue as I type this. But I understand a good portion of those are going to be deleted, which will lead to drama. I'm mostly avoiding s8's comment room lately, because of these people.
May I add that 'shipping is the lowest form of fandom there is? I might write a longer post about how much I hate rabid 'shippers some time.
4. My friend, Chris Abrams, is now a father. He's my brother's best friend, and I've known him since he was four. His girlfriend, Kristin, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Angel. I wish them well, and I wish them luck. With the exception of "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk," I saw every midnight showing of each Marvel movie with them, I was living in Los Angeles when the first two came out. My brother saw them with the couple. We had plans to go see "The Avengers" with them, but her due date was May 4th, and even though these are never exact... nine months pregnant in a movie theater after midnight? Never a good thing. Memorable, maybe. Well, Angel was born less than an hour before the movie started.
5. I participated in a focus group recently to watch a pilot for a series that Fox is airing this fall, I think. It's called "Wicked Smart" and it's.... okay. Nothing horrible or offensive in it, but nothing clever and original. It's basically "Malcolm In the Middle" if the family was somehow even less sophisticated. But it did feature Claudia Christian of "Babylon 5" fame in a minor role as a school official... and the only really worthwhile character. None of the survey questions asked about her, but they did about every other character. I pretty much added notes to increase her role, I might tune in if that happens.
6. The Nostalgia Chick recently did her Top Ten Guilty Pleasure Movies, and it inspired me to do the same. The list is in the works, and some of the things on it just might surprise you. I also expect some people to complain about some entries being considered "guilty." But I'm used to that.
7. If you have not seen "The Avengers" then DO NOT WATCH THIS!
Good night, all.