The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Absolutely Livid


Yes, I know that this controversy is well over a year old. But I was talking to an acquaintance of mine about the political rhetoric in this country, and then that led to discussing the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords and Sarah Palin's map with all the cross hairs on it and her slogan "Don't retreat, reload." Let me preface this right now, I don't blame Sarah Palin for what happened, for the actions of a crazy person. I think the guy was just a lunatic with a gun who got in and did something really tragic. But what Sarah Palin did after that, when she released her "don't blame me" video was truly disgusting.

I know this blog doesn't normally talk about politics. I consider myself to be a progressive libertarian, I am voting for Gary Johnson this November. So don't call this a pro-Obama post. It is not. This is Greg's Blog of Clue-By-Fours, and as I can deliver a clue-by-four to a movie decades old, I can smack this subject with one too, if I want. Don't like it, go elsewhere. Besides, Sarah Palin has transformed herself into an object of pop culture entertainment, she is fair game.

If Sarah Palin truly wanted to appear presidential, she would have admitted that maybe the rhetoric had gotten too heated and agreed that maybe it was time to dial it back a bit. She did no such thing, rather she used the phrase "blood libel" when defending herself. Do you know what "blood libel" means? It was a common phrase throughout European history. Usually started locally, rumors would fly that Jews were cooking Christians in pots as part of their secret religious rituals. Thousands of Jews were butchered or burnt at the stake because of this. But, I digress, this is not what has me livid this time. What pissed me off the most is how she took this tragedy and made it all about her. She whined and whined and whined about it. Yeah, that's presidential behavior.

I guarantee you that if David Letterman, as a joke, put her daughter, Bristol's, face behind cross hairs up on a website with a big scope that said GO GET HER, Goddess Sarah here would be on every network, on every talk show whining about it. She'd be whining about how the media persecutes her. How the media is out to get her. Never mind that she is the biggest media whore of the last century! When they don't cover her, she throws a tantrum. And there are people who want her to be president. She takes no responsibility for her actions. The fucker.

Cross hairs. Fucking cross hairs. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. Who does that? What else could that possibly mean? You want that person taken out!

Everyone is entitled to a voice. I don't mind that she has one. I don't mind that she's on Fox News, and as I've said, I don't blame her for what happened. But the fact that this knuckle dragging troglodyte has such a huge following disturbs me to no end. There are Republicans I admire, like Senator John McCain, just to name an example. So don't paint me as anti-Republican because I'm not. I'm anti-politician in general, mostly. I give Obama just as much crap as I gave Bush. She has that voice, and she uses it to whine. That's all she does. Whine! Whine! Whine! Wah! Wah! Wah!

But, and this is an open message to Sarah in the tiny chance you or any of your people ever stumble upon my microscopic corner of the web:

"Listen, you fucking scabby piece of moronic, moose jizz, nobody is out to get you! If anything, you're the one out to get people! So go die in a fire, you fucking cunt!!!"
And people want her to be president. I'd vote for every one I ever encountered on the internet and gave shit to before I'd ever vote for her. I'd vote for Michael Bay and Jeph Loeb before I ever voted for her.

Again, I apologize for this post. But after that discussion with an individual who will remain anonymous, I was absolutely livid and had to blast this somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your assessment of Palin.

    You're voting for Gary Johnson? I've considered him myself, but given his history of being unable to get along with the legislative branch, I have a feeling that this Johnson presidency would be about as effectual as Andrew's was. Although that would likely be a problem for any potential Libertarian president.

    Spen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering that I wouldn't shed a tear if the Republicratic Party was burned to ashes, yeah.

      Besides, Johnson is a genuine great choice. Not even the lesser of three evils. He's a good choice. The other two can rot.

      But watch, if he pulls off the impossible and gets in, the D's and R's will suddenly love each other and do everything to destroy the upstart who dared to break their little system.

      Delete