The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Think about your answer

Of these four characters, which would you most like to hear tell you sincerely that they are proud of you?


Definitely not Superman, he would tell that to literally anyone, even just a kid who got an A on his spelling test. Superman will say that about anyone that isn’t a cackling psychopath. It has no meaning coming from him.

Cap is tempting… that, and unlike Supes, he fought Hitler.

I pick Doom. If you impress Doom, you’ve probably redefined the limits of what is possible. Supes and Cap would be proud of you if you helped a little old lady across the street. Luthor would be proud for something just minorly evil. If you impressed Doom, you’re a fucking giant. ”I’m proud of you” from Doom would be like “You’re the greatest person I’ve ever met” from Superman.

2 comments:

  1. Because I can be realist at best, I'll take Steve Rogers saying he's proud of me. And this is from someone who likes Dr. Doom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of any scenario where Doom would say he's proud of someone. If you do something he wants to (like taking over the world for him or killing Richards) then he'll resent you for doing it instead of him.

    Anything else you could do would be of little interest to him.

    ReplyDelete