The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Why Apocalypse Sucks


So… let me get this straight… you’ve been alive for thousands of years… you’ve got power on a cosmic level… weapons and abilities you tripped over from the far flung future, and handed to you by Celestial beings… and you’ve never actually accomplished anything. Apocalypse’ mutant power is increasing his failure rate.

And 90’s fans think he is better than Magneto because……….?

8 comments:

  1. I think he was handled better in X-Men Evolution. Up until he got his ass handed to him easily.

    Granted I like Rogue but here's the thing; it would have been awesome if she punched him in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the problem is that his real villainy lies in a possible future where he's the undefeatable conqueror of the world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd sooner believe an immortal time-traveling Dr. Doom as the ruler of the world in the future than this pathetic loser.

      Delete
  3. Yeah I'm sick of hearing how awesome he is from fans and how he needs to be in the movies too.

    It's telling the most successful he's been, and his most remembered story, was something he didn't have a hand in at all. He just lucked into the Age of Apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You want a good Apocalypse story? You should go read Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force run once it finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think I will because I don't care to.

      Delete
  5. "And 90’s fans think he is better than Magneto because……….?"

    Because they've never read a comic of X-Men, and only know of him from the cartoon?

    Granted I don't mind the character, but I'm not oblivious of his characters shortcomings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, Apocalypse is so boring. I've always hated that they decided to make Mr Sinister his servant. Have you ever heard the original idea for Sinister's identity? It would have been SO much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete