The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Disney Acquires Lucasfilm

Okay, I know I'm late to the party, but I only now got power, cable, and internet back. Hurricane Sandy kept me out of the loop since Monday.

I could write a big, long post here, but I won't. There is only one thing worth saying about this. Could Disney really do any worse with "Star Wars" than George Lucas did? Could they? The best "Star Wars" film of them all was the one Lucas was the least involved with. Lucas destroyed the original trilogy with his special editions, and the prequels were terrible on a Michael Bay level of bad. This can only be a good thing.

Expect a great Blu-ray set of the Original Trilogy in less than a year.

George Lucas.... good riddance.

2 comments:

  1. So since it's inevitable, who's your choice for director and writer of Episode VII?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While "The Empire Strikes Back" might be the best "Star Wars" film, I still prefer the first one. Lucas apparently grew to have little faith in that until it became an unexpected success. Clearly, he was never THAT good a creator. The efforts of everyone else involved made "Star Wars" so much more fun.

    I also didn't mind the special editions up until the "Return of the Jedi" DVD that put Prequel Trilogy locations and Hayden Christiansen at the end, and it only got worse with the Blu-ray one that had Vader say "Noooo!" AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete