The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Today's Kick To The Nuts



Quesada mentioned in an interview that they are working on season three of "Ultimate Spider-Man." Yeah, that's a kick to the balls.

CA: You said this is a one-off episode. Does it tie into the rest of the season in any fashion?

JQ: It won't affect season two, per se. You could pull this episode out and season two is not necessarily affected in any major way. It will affect season three, though. That's really all I can say. There are some ramifications. The other thing that's fun about this episode is that you will see a classic Spidey villain that will appear for the first time in the TV show. I also think it's the first time that the show itself is creating three new villains who have never appeared in a Spider-Man comic before.
Yeah....

I've got a much better quote.
"The 4th episode of "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN", called "VENOM", literally features a monster which arose from a toilet which nobody wants to go near. I cannot think of a better metaphor for this show if I tried." - Alex Widen
Thank you, Alex. Genius. And, no, I'm still not over it.



7 comments:

  1. Part of me hopes he misspoke and talked about a third season planned, rather than actually approved and produced.

    But yeah, wouldn't surprise me. DC Animation (usually) makes great produces and Cartoon Network squanders them, while Marvel Animation (currently) makes crap and Disney supports them 100%. If only those were switched....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also like to think that he means a third season is in the works, rather than a third season has been officially greenlit and the show's renewed. It already has more episodes than "The Spectacular Spider-Man": it does NOT need more seasons than it too.

    Life's so unfair. I REALLY wish Greg Weisman could find the possibility for a "Spectacular" revival? Any at all? No matter how small it may be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The adults have to get tired spending money on producing this crap first.

      "And, no, I'm still not over it."

      Here, here.

      Delete
  4. Maybe it's more "we have plans for a season 3" but there's no pick-up at the moment. If this interview is the only source for it I think that might be the case.

    Sadly the merchandising is going well as I've seen shit from it pop up over here, which didn't happen with Spectacular till well after the show was over so it could get sold in the cheapy shops. Every time I went to the supermarket for the last month I had to walk past the USM Easter Eggs.

    I love that my crappy photoshop pic is still making the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To add to said photoshop pic:

    "He started out on CW4kids. That alone should say something. Yet, *repeats Josh Keaton Spiderman's statement.*

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, there's nothing Quesada can do that I feel will surpass wanting a blue-ray DVD release of Howard the Duck.

    ReplyDelete