The Life & Times of an Auteur.

Commentary on Pop Culture, and maybe creating some of my own.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Vindication!


Joss Whedon is my master now.

Yes, the TV show that I have hated more than any other, the one that most disgusted me, that I couldn't help but look down on people who like it because it is so terrible has been Goliath Chronicled!

I think I'll quote Joss right now.
The Coulson thing was, I think, a little anomalous just because that really came from the television division, which is sort of considered to be its own subsection of the Marvel universe. As far as the fiction of the movies, Coulson is dead.
So, there you have it. There's more out there, but Joss Whedon has declared that "Special Snowflake & The S.H.I.T. Squad" is not canon to the movies. You will never ever see Coulson in a movie again. You will never see Agent May in a movie. You will never see the two annoying scientists in a movie. You will never see HYDRA's Block of Wood in a movie. You will never see Special Snowflake in a movie. The show itself does not matter.

Short of cancellation, I cannot think of a more vicious blow to strike against this disgusting TV show. I mean, those of us with good taste and common sense knew it didn't matter, but damn, even Joss Whedon doesn't like it. Yes, this put a big ol' grin on my face.

Oh, joygasm!

8 comments:

  1. So... does Agent Carter matter? Daredevil? I really liked both of them and Daredevil was basically a long movie on par with the rest in the MCU!

    But yeah! RIP Coulson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "So... does Agent Carter matter? Daredevil? I really liked both of them and Daredevil was basically a long movie on par with the rest in the MCU!"

      Pretty sure "Agent Carter" matters because Kevin Feige personally got involved with that one. And supposedly "Daredevil" and the other Netflix heroes might make appearances in "Infinity War". Supposedly.

      But it doesn't matter because none of them have suffered the creator backlash that "Special Snowflake & The SHIT Squad" just suffered. Oh, it gives me an orgasm just thinking about it. Fuck this show... and then kill it with fire.

      Delete
    2. Hey, you know something you haven't talked about? This whole Spider-Man debacle! I loved Andrew Garfield as Spidey. AMS2 sucked story wise and I understand why Marvel wouldn't want to incorporate into into the MCU. But another reboot? And they're still gonna do Sinister Six?

      If only they'd let Greg Weisman write the screen play and set it in the Spectacular Spider-Man universe... Sigh, a guy can dream.

      Delete
    3. JJ Gomez: I find that neither Andrew or Tobey had it completely right.

      Tobey sold me on the nerdiess, while Andrew has the wisecracking hero routine down, but they both lacked in the opposite department.

      Delete
  2. .....and Poochie died on the way back to his home planet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Special Snowflake would die on the way back to Attilan.

      Delete
  3. Very funny!

    I was watching the Nostalgia Critic's latest review, The Legend of Zorro and I kept thinking how that was the "Goliath Chronicles" of Zorro films. He really made fun of Nick Chinlund's character a lot. Ah well, he got to do a better turn in "Young Justice" anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am so happy that Joss essentially disowned this thing as the amateurish AU that it is, It's the closest thing to an apology for his nepotism that he's managed so far. This is definitely one of those spinoffs that deserves to get denied a place in it's proper canon.

    ReplyDelete